Monday, January 5, 2009

Today’s Video: Bourdain’s Mexican odyssey

I’m not a foodie or a gourmand but I love Anthony Bourdain No Reservations”! The new season starts tonight with the chef/author traveling to Puebla and other areas of central Mexico. Accompanying Bourdain will be the Mexican head chef of the restaurant where Bourdain used to work (Les Halles in New York).

Below is a very brief preview of tonight’s episode including Bourdain noshing on authentic, mouthwatering tacos:

Sources- Huevos Pericos, Travel Channel, YouTube

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip about the show. Just saw it. However, Bourdain didn't go to Oaxaca in this episode - the first half featured Mexico City then ended with Puebla.

Erwin C. said...

Mea culpa; for some odd reason I got Oaxaca and Puebla mixed up.

I missed it so I hope they repeat that episode soon!

Shannon Brooke Davis said...

I was just in Oaxaca and heard from a cooking school instructor there that someone who sounded a LOT like Anthony took a class with her and the show would broadcast in September. It was from the Travel Show, that's for sure.

It wasn't Zimmern - he went to a different cooking school (unless they cut the footage)....so I hope it's Anthony!