Friday, January 23, 2009

Fidel Castro Tells People to Plan to Be without Him

Just as the first photos in two months of the ailing Cuban leader meeting with Argentina's President Kirchner were released, Fidel Castro wrote in a column released yesterday, that he won't likely last through U.S. President Obama's first term.

In an online column titled 'Reflections of Comrade Fidel,' the 82-year-old Cuban leader suggested his days are numbered, saying Cuban officials 'shouldn't feel bound by my occasional Reflections, my state of health or my death.'

'I have had the rare privilege of observing events over such a long time. I receive information and meditate calmly on those events,' he wrote. 'I expect I won't enjoy that privilege in four years, when Obama's first presidential term has ended.'"
Some people have suggested that Fidel has been dead for a while.

Sources : AFP, Intelligent Aboriginal News Service

No comments: