Monday, September 29, 2008

Today’s Video: R.I.P. Paul Newman

Renowned actor and philanthropist Paul Newman passed away over the weekend at the age of 83. “The Hustler,” “Cool Hand Luke”, and “Slap Shot” were just some of the movies he appeared in though he was also known for his charitable work. His death has been mourned by many from film expert Roger Ebert to the average Iranian.

Below is a clip to “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” where Butch and the Sundance Kid confront Bolivian bandoleros:


For my part, I’m extremely grateful for Newman’s benevolence since I was able to go free of charge with my junior high school classmates to the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp in Connecticut. That trip not only allowed me to bond with friends whom I still hold dear today but also allowed me to be a more independent person. Rest in peace Paul, and thanks.

Sources- Chicago Sun-Times, NPR, Canadian Press, Wikipedia, YouTube

No comments: