* Mexico: Authorities reportedly captured the suspected head of the La Familia drug gang though it remains to be seen if it will have a major impact in a country where an estimated 40,000 Mexicans sought political asylum abroad between 2006 and 2010.
* Argentina: President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner said that she would stand for reelection this October and a recent poll found that she would easily win.
* Central America: The presidents of El Salvador and Mexico agreed to better protect the thousands of undocumented Central American migrants that travel through Mexico.
* U.S.: A pair of Cuban-American senators are not too pleased with the White House’s pick for U.S. Ambassador to Nicaragua.
* Bolivia: According to Customs officials at least 76,000 cars stolen or smuggled from countries bordering Bolivia have been presented for legalization as part of a government-backed amnesty program.
* Haiti: In what might be a sign of Haiti’s political divisions the country’s legislature rejected President Michel Martelly's nominee for prime minister.
Image – PRESS TV (“Mexico's 'La Familia cartel boss' Jose de Jesus Mendez Vargas.”)
Online Sources- People’s Daily Online, Mercopress, The Globe and Mail, MiamiHerald.com, The Guardian, CNN, El Universal