Friday would’ve marked the 81st birthday of legendary Brazilian singer, songwriter, and composer Antonio Carlos Jobim. His music was instrumental to the bossa nova genre with songs like “Agua De Beber”, “Chega de Saudade”, and the global hit “Girl from Ipanema.” Jobim may have passed away in 1994, but his legendary sound lives on as a symbol of Brazilian culture.
Here is a small sample of some of Jobim’s music including a cover:
- Antonio Carlos Jobim – Brasil
- Antonio Carlos Jobim & Claus Ogerman – Lamento
- Anya Marina- Aguas de Marco (Live, 2007)
- Frank Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim – Agua de Beber
- Joao Gilberto, Stan Getz & Antonio Carlos Jobim – Desafinado