* Cuban-American exile groups are none to happy over the planned unveiling of a giant sculpture of Fidel Castro in
* Ramón Castro- Fidel Castro’s older brother- said that Fidel is doing fine and relaxing before a possible return to work. He echoes remarks made in August by another sibling not involved in
* Fidel Castro appeared in a brief video on Cuban state television last weekend (image) where he showed to his “compatriots and friends” that he is alive and in a fair state of health. Cuban government figures were delighted at the images though Cuban-American Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen said that Fidel’s television appearance meant little for
* Cuban newspaper Juventud Rebelde claimed that the
* Approximately 800 companies from 48 countries have gathered this week in
* The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights condemned the Cuban government for widespread human rights violations against dissidents and also left the door open for reparations if there should be a change in government.
Links- Council on Hemispheric Affairs, South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Xinhua (China), International Herald Tribune, The Latin Americanist (blog), Prensa Latina (Cuba), Bradenton Herald (U.S.), New York Daily News, Guardian UK
Image- EiTB (