* Colombia: Congrats to Edgar Renteria who was named as the World Series Most Valuable Player as the San Francisco Giants won their first championship in over fifty years.
* Mexico: Four U.S. citizens were killed in separate incidents in northern Mexico over the weekend.
* Argentina: "It's my most painful moment," said President Cristina Fernandez in a nationally televised speech last night regarding the sudden death of her husband.
* Cuba: Local Catholic Church officials said that the government would release a political prisoner held behind bars since 1985.
* Haiti: How did a “South Asian strain” of cholera arrive in Haiti to infect and kill over 330 people?
* Venezuela: Political relations between Venezuela and Colombia are expected to keep improving, as Hugo Chavez will host Juan Manuel Santos in Caracas today.
Image – The Telegraph (“Let the party begin: San Francisco players celebrate after beating the Texas Rangers Photo: REUTERS.”)
Online Sources- Reuters, El Universal, CNN, BBC News, The Latin Americanist, USA TODAY