Saturday, November 10, 2012
Weekend Headlines: November 10-11, 2012
* Cuba: Blogger Yoani Sánchez and ex-hunger striker Guillermo Fariñas were among the approximately twenty dissidents briefly detained after protesting in Havana.
* Guatemala: A family of ten were among the over fifty fatalities caused by Wednesday's 7.4-magnitude earthquake that was the most powerful to hit the nation since 1976.
* Mexico: U.S. and Mexican officials are reportedly close to signing a pact regarding water use in the border region.
* Argentina: The Argentine government may be forced by a U.S. court to pay billions of dollars in defaulted debt to private creditors.
* Latin America: The E.U. and eleven Latin American states reached an agreement to end a twenty-one year tiff over banana tariffs.
* Nicaragua: LGBT activists denounced a spike in hate crimes against members of that community.
Video Source – YouTube via Hablemos Press
Online Sources- UPI, Reuters, ABC News, MSNBC, Fox News Latino, Tico Times