* Cuba: Russian oil firm Gazprom purchased a larger stake in a number of Cuban offshore oil blocks.
* Venezuela: President Hugo Chavez backed embattled Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi and called anti-government rebels "terrorists."
* Mexico: Twenty-one federal prosecutors resigned en masse in an action that may be connected to an internal purge by the Attorney General’s office.
* Haiti: Several dozen protesters upset with the lack of housing for earthquake survivors blocked access on one of Port-au-Prince's busiest streets.
* Guatemala: Police apprehended a third suspect allegedly connected to last month’s murder of Argentine folk singer Facundo Cabral.
* Caribbean: The U.S. Coast Guard recovered roughly 7.5 tons of cocaine from a sinking narco-submarine in the Caribbean.
Image – Reuters (“An oil pump is seen on the shore near Santa Cruz del Norte, Cuba June 5, 2008.”)
Online Sources- UPI, MSNBC, The Guardian, GlobalPost, Sacramento Bee, CBS News