* Latin America: Mexican pop group Camila and Dominican tropical music star Juan Luis Guerra each won three awards at last night’s Latin Grammy Awards.
* El Salvador: A U.S. judge awarded $1.7 million to the family of a deceased Salvadoran immigrant whose deadly cancer was left untreated by prison authorities.
* Costa Rica: President Laura Chinchilla warned that she could take her country’s border dispute with Nicaragua to the International Court of Justice if a resolution is not reached soon.
* Dominican Republic: Local health officials announced new guidelines in order to prevent the spread of cholera from neighboring Haiti.
* South America: Host country Argentina was drawn in a relatively easy group for next year’s Copa America while Group C could be a tight race between Uruguay, Chile, and Mexico.
* Bolivia: Japan's state-run energy firm signed a deal to conduct research at Bolivia’s vast lithium reserves.
Image – Reuters (“Singers Ben E. King (L) and Prince Royce perform at the 11th annual Latin Grammy Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada November 11, 2010.”)
Online Sources- AFP, Canadian Press, CNN, BBC News, Billboard