Saturday, July 8, 2006

Ex-dictators try to escape long arm of the law

Former Chilean strongman Augusto Pinochet (image) was questioned yesterday in a lawsuit bought up by a family member of a victim during Pinochet’s dictatorship. Meanwhile, a Spanish magistrate has issued international warrants against two ex-Guatemalan dictators accused of genocide and torture.

Update (9.15pm): Though not a dictator per se, former Mexican president Luis Echeverria was cleared of genocide charges this afternoon.

, ,

2 comments:

Erwin C. said...

You are the first person to mention any difficulty opening the blog. I'm afraid there's not much I can do about it unless this is a more widespread problem. I really am sorry you are having problems and I wish I could be of more help.

Otherwise, thanks for taking the time to enjoy it and please don't hesitate to let us know of any other concerns, complaints, and/or compliments you may have!

Erwin C. said...

No problem. Thanks again for your feedback.