Saturday, May 26, 2012
Weekend Headlines: May 26-27, 2012
* Honduras: Several thousand people took to the streets around the country to call for justice in the murders of over twenty journalists in the past three years.
* Brazil: President Dilma Rousseff used her line-item veto powers to reject portions of a controversial forestry law.
* Panama: An organization representing most of the world’s ship owners urged the Panama Canal Authority to delay a proposed toll hike.
* Costa Rica: Anti-whaling activist Paul Watson could be extradited to Costa Rica on charges from a 2002 incident involving a Costa Rican fishing vessel.
* Cuba: A spokeswoman for the Ladies in White said that Cuban Catholic Church do not consider them as a “humanitarian group.”
* Ecuador: A group of Chevron shareholders urged the oil giant to settle its legal battle in an Ecuadorian environmental damages lawsuit.
Video Source – YouTube via The VJ Movement
Online Sources- BBC News, CBS News, Bloomberg, Los Angeles Times, Miami Herald, Wall Street Journal