Monday, March 29, 2010

Ricky Martin publicly comes out of the closet

Yep, he said it:
Puerto Rican pop singer Ricky Martin has opened up on his blog about his sexuality. "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man," wrote Martin on (his website) Monday. "I am very blessed to be who I am."…

"If someone asked me today, 'Ricky, what are you afraid of?' I would answer "the blood that runs through the streets of countries at war...child slavery, terrorism...the cynicism of some people in positions of power, the misinterpretation of faith," wrote Martin. "But fear of my truth? Not at all!”
Rumors of Martin’s homosexuality have lingered over the years such as Barbara Walters’ “inappropriate” questions at Martin in a 2000 TV interview.

According to the New York Daily News, Martin’s “career in the United States has fizzled out for now, (yet) he is still a superstar in Latin America.”

Image- New York Daily News
Online Sources- New York Daily News, Chicago Tribune, Miami Herald

No comments: