Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ché Guevara’s “nieta” campaigns for PETA

Animal rights organization PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) will launch a pro-vegetarian campaign in Buenos Aires later this year. Who better to be the spokesperson for the “vegetarian revolution” than the offspring of one of the most famous Argentines ever? *
The granddaughter of revolutionary Ernesto “Ché” Guevara will be the spokesperson of a campaign by PETA to promote vegetarianism…

“After discussing it with my family I decided to participate in this campaign. As a vegetarian I will use my grandfather’s name for a just cause I believe in,” she said after a PETA photo shoot on Wednesday…

“PETA’s fight for animal rights was one of the reasons I became a vegetarian. This lifestyle has become a true revolution that catches the attention of more people and that is a healthy alternative for the planet” [ed. – personal translation]
An English version of the campaign is said to also be in the works; I wonder if PETA will place a billboard of Lydia and her carrots in Miami?

(Hat tip: Gawker).

* Yes, I’m being sarcastic.

Image- latercera.com
Online Sources- Gawker, Miami New Times, esmas.com

No comments: