Thursday, January 15, 2009

Today’s Video: The redemption of Rick Sanchez

When I used to live in Miami oh so many years ago I avoided any and all newscasts with Rick Sanchez. The Cuban-American journo had the tendency to overhype even the most trivial of news stories, a necessity on the “if-it-bleeds-it-leads” reporting on WSVN. I’ve warmed up to him a bit during his appearances on CNN en Español yet I couldn’t shake off that bothersome persona when he worked in southern Florida.

My perception of Sanchez changed radically, however, after viewing this extraordinary verbal knockout of someone whose fifteen minutes of fame should’ve run out a long time ago:

I don’t know what the best part is:
  • Reading Joe’s/Samuel’s rants in such a silly tone
  • Equating him to Fidel Castro
  • Comparing him to the “guy at every party” who is a poseur know-it-all
Kudos Rick; you have redeemed yourself.

(Hat tip: Wonkette).

Sources- Wonkette, YouTube

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes he also has redeemed himself in my book. It started a few months ago.