- Addition by subtraction may not be a good idea in the closing of a pair of government programs that are going to close in
Mexicoand , according to a pair of bloggers. Brazil
- Council on Foreign Relations fellow Shannon O’Neil’s blog on immigration examines how demographics are shaping the immigration debate.
- Critical Miami gives his take on “Cocaine Cowboys”, a documentary on the drug trade in
- Fellow contributor Maegan la Mala reviews the boobietastic snoozefest that was last night’s Premios Billboard a la Musica Latina.
- Jon at Posthegemony explains the aesthetics of Chilean shopping malls.
- Plan Colombia and Beyond gives an exhaustive list of the over 70 politicos involved in
’s “para-politics” scandal. Colombia
- Play ball! – Greg Weeks on how Major League Baseball is promoting the game in
Chile, while Wonkette pokes fun at a photo of baseball and . Cuba
- Professor Kevin Johnson of ImmigrationProf Blog gives his two cents over Lou Dobbs’ latest anti-immigrant rant; this time, Dobbs targeted the media.
- Several great Latin American restaurants in
are listed by Gridskipper, while A Year in Uruguay clues us in to an Uruguayan dish called ñandú. New York City
- Tourism tips: 1) while in
Buenos Airestry riding the bus and 2) you can learn a lot from taxi drivers. Mexico City
- Will the legalization of first trimester abortions in
City be the beginning of a nationwide push to decriminalize abortion? The Mex Files thinks so. Mexico
- Without further delay, our last entry for this post comes from Jason Kottke who linked to an appearance by Mexican duo Rodrigo y Gabriela at Pop!Tech last year.